REBIRTH THE SPIRIT 🌷
On the Vernal Equinox we witness Nature giving birth to a New.
We are always invited to give birth on the inner plane to New insights, Intuition, and start living from a place of Wisdom. But on the vernal equinox the season and it’s energy supports our process of birthing even more.
Thus deepening our connection to the Divine Laws of Nature and the Natural World. As daylight starts to increase, the earth is about to tip into more LIGHT, like an illuminating reminder that light is returning and always does, to the earth.
Therefore, the Spring equinox represents new light and life, new beginnings, seeds being planted and paths that await. In fact the spring equinox used to be considered the new year in many parts of Europe until the middle of the 18th century.
Many of our holy-days or holidays are centered around the equinoxes and solstices, mainly because of the seasonal and astrological alignments and symbolism they hold. As technology has grown over the past few centuries it has allowed us many conveniences but at the same time it created a disconnect from the natural and organic cycles of our earth mother. In my intuitive heart I believe it is truly time to get back into close alignment with mother nature, her gifts of earth's nourishment and the natural world.
There was also a connection to Ostara, the Germanic Goddess of Dawn / East. Easter as a holiday also has that sense of fertility, with the depiction often of hares and eggs as a symbol of birth and fertility, new life, babies, creation and so on (hence easter eggs) . In ancient times rituals were performed at the moment of alignment and people would cleanse old energy out as well as in their homes, temples etc. This is where our tradition of ‘spring cleaning’ came from!
Reclaiming and getting back to the sacred ways of the earth brings us closer to both the Great Spirit as well as a closer truth. Just as nature's length of day and night is equal, this time represents our own need for balance of the yin/yang and male/female energies. Balanced equilibrium as the ideal state for our lives. It is a time of renewal, new beginnings of life and growth blooming gloriously and ushering in a renewed sense of energy brought in to help you focus and move forward in new, fresh, positive ways.
Often in life, we are aware we want something to change, we may even know what we would like the end result to be, but we change first. The outer is always a reflection of the inner state of consciousness.
Below are some ways to honor your sacred self for the turn of this season:
- Meditate for 20 minutes each day. Begin the meditation by asking, “Who am I?” And listen …The Universe may have a surprising answer for you this spring.
- Spend as much time in the sun as possible. The equinox sun has a vibrational energy that sparks liveliness and new ideas.
- List the top three things in your life that you are ready to give birth to. Practice visualizing and feeling what the creation feels like
- Practice the Law of Least Effort. Harmonize with the meaning of the season. The vernal or spring equinox is pure rebirth everywhere we look, so allow your mind and body to harmonize with this and release the thoughts that create paradox.
- Start the day with some Sun Salutations. The powerful life giving sun is coming back in full force. By appreciating the sun, giving thanks, and allowing your body to connect as one with the force.
- Establish a fun ritual with your family. Get some clay pots and paint them, be colorful, be creative, be in love with nature’s rebirth.
Honor yourself with a guided meditation and healing music by Aureliaslight to honor this sacred time of year.
#springequinox #springequinoxguidedmeditation #pagan